So yesterday I spent the whole doing some ambrotypes at my friend's lab for an exhibithion that's about to come to celebrate the 2015 wet plate day, which will happen in May.
I wanted to do some tests hand-tinting ambrotypes, I've seen many examples that were made at the time and as well some contemporary artists and I thought they're stunning. I know ambrotypes and ferrotypes looks fantatisc already just by themselves but I wanted to try anyway. As seen on Mark Osterman video, I added some dry pastels powder with pencils just before the varnish stage, got rid of the excess with the air blower and varnished.
This is the result!